Author Topic: update?  (Read 8664 times)

kaboekieman

update?
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:32:28 PM »
Hi Malkom do you have a prognosis when the next update of HAC will be?
And do you know if it's possible to make use of scolling text on a single card (I have a long text that I can slice apart on more cards, but it would be more user friendly if the user can scroll down, via swipe to accomplish this on only one card)

Hope the full screen feature/option (no status bar) will be in the next update

Thanks a lot in advance, speak soon and have a nice holiday...

Jeroen Wolf

Malkom

• Administrator
Re: update?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 09:43:43 AM »
Hi Malkom do you have a prognosis when the next update of HAC will be?
And do you know if it's possible to make use of scolling text on a single card (I have a long text that I can slice apart on more cards, but it would be more user friendly if the user can scroll down, via swipe to accomplish this on only one card)

Hope the full screen feature/option (no status bar) will be in the next update

Thanks a lot in advance, speak soon and have a nice holiday...

Jeroen Wolf

Hi Jeroen

Thanks for the update and ideas on your project.

We are hoping v1.15 will be out 1st week in August but of course can't promise, we try to release on Fridays.

About scrolling text - I was going to suggest a scrolling text field as they can be scrolled by swiping up and down.
However, a quick test showed a bug - the swipe is ignored when the field is Read-Only and having the field writable allows the keyboard to popup when swiping. We'll get this bug fixed for v1.15.
A list box can be scrolled by swiping but looks far too complicated for your needs.

Full screen is mostly working but needs a refresh bug fixing.

Holidays are gone here, but I hope you have some for the summer.

Malkom

I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

kaboekieman

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 11:02:12 AM »
hi Malkom thx for the update :) And I'll be looking forward to it... I have made lots of progress and when the full screen option is available I can implement all the segment I've made.

and the scrolling text field should work for me ;)

This is my last holliday day... tomorrow back to work :( after spending a wonderfull time in the costa del sol :)

kaboekieman

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »
Hope 1.15 will be next friday  8)

Malkom

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »
Hope 1.15 will be next friday  8)
Hi Jeroen

I'm sorry 1.15 won't be today and is later than expected.

Database and fullscreen are now working - just a few small things to add that other users have requested, including the scrolling text field bug fix.

Now your holidays are over, hopefully you'll soon get time to test out your project with the HAC enhancements.

Malkom

kaboekieman

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 07:47:11 PM »
Hi Malkom, no prob... I was still working on the GUI for the game... it really lookes nice hihi (so the full screen function should come in handy  :D) Well thx for all your work and efforts. I will look forward in 1.15 when it arrives after you have finished it  8).

byebye and have a great weekend.

Jeroen

kaboekieman

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »
Thx Malkom... I will be testing the gui I have made and a couple of scrolling text pages I've made the next couple of days in the just released 1.15. Thx Malkom for your efforts and I will keep you posted how things work... great  ;D Also the sqlite should come in handy with my inventory structure I posted a year ago  8) Hope sqllite lookes a little bit like it's bigger brother (php and mysql combo) ;) Jeroen

Malkom

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 08:18:32 PM »
Hi Jeroen

Great to see you are making progress.

Attached is a project for scrolling read only field.
I guess the gestures speed settings may need altering to give faster response as the defaults haven't been changed for a long time.

Malkom

kaboekieman

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
Thx for the sample file Malkom... it looked simple and effective... so great  ;D
By the way ... do you know if it's also possible to exclude the scroll bar, thus making the text transparent and scrollable over a static background image?

p.s. I've included a sample file that will show what I mean... the tekst is longer but it should only show if the user is swiping from the bottom to the top... and vica versa. It would be even better if the different scrollable text pages (a lot of them) would be imported into 1 or more custom made HAC screen with fixed text fields (fixed x/y coordinates and fixed width/height) that are then imported from an external text datafile (flatfile) or better yet a sqlite database ;)

Thx again and speak soon, Jeroen
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:41:58 PM by kaboekieman »

Malkom

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »
Thx for the sample file Malkom... it looked simple and effective... so great  ;D
By the way ... do you know if it's also possible to exclude the scroll bar, thus making the text transparent and scrollable over a static background image?

p.s. I've included a sample file that will show what I mean... the tekst is longer but it should only show if the user is swiping from the bottom to the top... and vica versa. It would be even better if the different scrollable text pages (a lot of them) would be imported into 1 or more custom made HAC screen with fixed text fields (fixed x/y coordinates and fixed width/height) that are then imported from an external text datafile (flatfile) or better yet a sqlite database ;)

Thx again and speak soon, Jeroen

Hi Jeroen

Thank you for the update on your project plans and the cool image.
There is a field problem because currently a field cannot be transparent - but that is now top of list for next release.
Yes, fields can still scroll without a scroll bar - just choose the multi-border or multi type.

Yes, your database idea about multiple fields will work but remember to use the coordinates relative to the screen setting in the project. That way the app can automatically scale correctly for other device screen sizes.

If you hit any other limitation please let us know and we'll try to fix them for v1.16

Malkom