Author Topic: Hello World Stops Unexpectedly in AVD  (Read 2970 times)

textcards

Hello World Stops Unexpectedly in AVD
« on: December 30, 2011, 08:46:06 PM »
I plan on creating applications for Kindle Fire.  Thus, I only installed the 2.3.3 SDK.  I also created an AVD with Kindle Fire attributes i.e. 600x1024 screen with 169 abstracted LCD density and 512MB. 

I created the Hello World application in HAC and it runs successfully in the HAC.  However, if I attempt to run in in the Kindle Fire AVD I get the message "The application Hello World (process org.HelloWorld) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again." twice.  I don't see any obvious errors in the HAC log.

Suggestions?

Malkom

• Administrator
Re: Hello World Stops Unexpectedly in AVD
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 06:52:56 AM »
Hello

Thank you for the information.

We haven't tested HAC builds yet on the Kindle Fire but see that it is a forked version of Android and I'm not sure how this would affect HAC apps running on it until we can physically test it on one.

However, as you are testing on the emulator the latest version of HAC (v1.08) should work especially as it is the Hello World program you are using. The earlier version 1.07 had a bug that might have prevented it working and gave the error you quoted.

I notice that you only installed 2.3.3 SDK (API 10) could you try installing installing Android API 9 because HAC requires this as this post mentions:-

http://www.hypernextandroid.com/forum/index.php?topic=119.0

Best Regards
Malkom

I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

anything