Author Topic: About HAC and its apps  (Read 5359 times)

PeterS

About HAC and its apps
« on: September 30, 2011, 05:38:56 PM »
I have been working through HAC's projects with the going being easy so far and have even managed to modify a few. Not bad considering I'm not a programmer.

However, I was wondering about how HAC does things, just a couple of questions-

• HAC uses the the Android SDK but does it work with all and especially newer versions of the SDK?
  • It seems that HyperNext Studio uses a runtime engine that runs an app's code. Is this how a HAC app works on an Android device?

I'm just trying to get an idea how future-proof HAC is.

Malkom

• Administrator
Re: About HAC and its apps
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:12:40 PM »
I have been working through HAC's projects with the going being easy so far and have even managed to modify a few. Not bad considering I'm not a programmer.
Actually you are a programmer now :)

HAC uses the the Android SDK but does it work with all and especially newer versions of the SDK?

Yes HAC seems to work with all versions of the Android SDK from 4 (1.6) and upwards. As soon as Google release an update to the Android SDK we update our Android SDK and Eclipse setup. Of course we can't guarantee that every aspect works because the Android SDK is evolving with every release as Google expands the functionality intended for newer smart phones and tablets. Also HAC doesn't and never will offer the full functionality that programming in Java offers but as long as HAC users can make their apps that is enough.

It seems that HyperNext Studio uses a runtime engine that runs an app's code. Is this how a HAC app works on an Android device?
Yes HAC does use a runtime engine. Basically we make a runtime engine for every platform which HyperNext is to run on so this way the HyperNext language is largely the same across all supported platforms. It also means that some HyperNext code developed on one platform can be used on another platform.

I'm just trying to get an idea how future-proof HAC is.
We have tried to make HAC as future-proof as possible by ensuring that as the Android SDK evolves  so the HyperNext runtime engine is flexible enough to keep up with it.
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

anything