Author Topic: Popup Menu and visibility features  (Read 3610 times)

jackMD

Popup Menu and visibility features
« on: August 19, 2011, 12:04:43 PM »

Hi,

First thing I want to say, great dev program you have here.

Second, I was playing around for a bit and it seems that some interface such as Popup Menu / Spinners
didn't work to use.
Is it me or it's not finisched yet.

Third and 'off topic',  for 5 minutes playtime using the software , it's difficult for me to decide whether this
software would be my software to make decent apps in the future.

Thanks for now,

grtz.
Jack

Malkom

• Administrator
Re: Popup Menu and visibility features
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:56:48 PM »
Hi Jack

Nice to have you in the forums and thank you for the encouragement.

No its not you, some things either aren’t fully working(buggy) or aren’t there yet.
Most of the HyperNext language is there along with parts of the interface like fields, buttons, popups etc.

About the interface as you clearly have some knowledge of the Android interface - we aren’t slavishly following Android interface as we already have out HyperNext Studio which has its more traditional terminology for controls etc. HAC is aimed at beginners with no knowledge of Android Java etc and who just want to make Android apps. In the long run this will make things more reliable because as Google evolves the API and deprecate some things our interface will still work.

Yes you are certainly right, currently some apps can’t be made but there is some functionality that works well and allows certain types of app to me made. Some people find it sufficient for now but unfortunately others will be left waiting until their desired functionality is implemented.

For example, right now there is no sprite support but in about a week our sprite surface and animation will be working so another bit of the puzzle will be there. Still lots to fill in and hopefully people will post us when they find things not working or missing.

Malkom
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

jackMD

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »
Hi Malkom,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I do have some knowledge, in fact I'm making an app right now.

But it's time consuming though and because of that,  I'm searching for a quicker way
to get it done.

Unfortunately my future app has some features that it's not really what you can call a beginners app.

For example, spinners/popup menu visibility handling, connections with sdcard and servers,
Admob and so on.

So, I'm curious to know when your software get some 'maturity' to handle these things.

grtz.
Jack

Malkom

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 07:08:51 AM »
Hi Malkom,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I do have some knowledge, in fact I'm making an app right now.

But it's time consuming though and because of that,  I'm searching for a quicker way
to get it done.

Unfortunately my future app has some features that it's not really what you can call a beginners app.

For example, spinners/popup menu visibility handling, connections with sdcard and servers,
Admob and so on.

So, I'm curious to know when your software get some 'maturity' to handle these things.

grtz.
Jack
I'm sorry that we can't release a timeline for for all these functions as we are driven both by making HAC built apps reliable and adding features most users need. We do have a list and are gradually adding features from it but sometimes things move up/down the list.

Thanks for the mention of AdMob as it was something I personally didn't know about.

The Android dev scene is very much a moving target right now with lots of new functionality appearing in the various SDKs - including soon Google TV. We also have our own ideas about future functionality so its just a matter of time before these features appear in HAC.

I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.