Author Topic: Getting started again  (Read 3252 times)

tools-n-stuff

Getting started again
« on: August 04, 2011, 09:35:51 PM »
Hi Malkom,
Its been a while! Since (HN) then i had tried other programs, but life got in the way a little and my time behind a PC went right down. So in fact i didn't learn much about programming.

I have still got my original idea in mind, based on the BOOK example, but can't seem to find an equivelant for HNA. As its been a while i am looking at Hn and HNA right now and cant remember how i used it before and managed to build what is almost a finished product.

May take a couple of days to figure it out.

I can see that there are couple of bugs (as mentioned on your forum), how does your system work for updates and payments.
I also noticed in HNA as with, and mentioned in the HN forums, that the Splash screen when running my project displays 'TIGABYTE SOFTWARE' in the title bar. Once again, as with HN, i can't find a way to remove your name from my projects.
Can it be removed when the software is payed for?

I read that when its payed for there are other features! What other features there are!

regards
TNS

Malkom

• Administrator
Re: Getting started again
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 06:30:32 AM »
Hi Malkom,
Its been a while! Since (HN) then i had tried other programs, but life got in the way a little and my time behind a PC went right down. So in fact i didn't learn much about programming.

I have still got my original idea in mind, based on the BOOK example, but can't seem to find an equivelant for HNA. As its been a while i am looking at Hn and HNA right now and cant remember how i used it before and managed to build what is almost a finished product.

May take a couple of days to figure it out.

I can see that there are couple of bugs (as mentioned on your forum), how does your system work for updates and payments.
I also noticed in HNA as with, and mentioned in the HN forums, that the Splash screen when running my project displays 'TIGABYTE SOFTWARE' in the title bar. Once again, as with HN, i can't find a way to remove your name from my projects.
Can it be removed when the software is payed for?

I read that when its payed for there are other features! What other features there are!

regards
TNS

Hi TNS

Nice to have you back and in our Android forums - I thought i knew the name from somewhere.

The Splash Screen is not working yet inside a HAC made app on an Android device or Emulator - nothing happens.
If you need a Splash Screen or About Box the workaround is to put it on your Home card as that loads first.

Thank you for reminding me about the TigaByte Software text appearing on the Splash Screen  - it has just been removed for the next release of HAC.

About your book - not all the projects from HyperNext Studio have been converted because either HAC doesn't support all the features they need or because they were designed for 648x480 screen size while most smart phones have 320x480 screens.
I think all the features from the Books projects are their except that ImageBanks are not yet supporrted.

I think a few people people are confused about HyperNext Studio and HAC. They are diffferent products even though they share many features including their programming language. HAC build apps for Android devices and does not build for Windows or OS X machines. HyperNext Studio builds apps only for Windows and OS X, and it is still on version 3.83.

The paid version of HAC allow apps to be signed with a private key so they can be uploaded to Android Market, and it removes the 5 minute timeout from both apps runnning inside the HAC Designer and Android apps.

Malkom

I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

tools-n-stuff

Re: Getting started again
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »
Thanks for the info Malkom,

I guess i am one of those people that is/was confused. I thought that HAC was a new and better version of HNS which would also allow for android apps. Its a real shame because i intended to take the book that bit further and build a phone app that could then communicate with the windows app and transfer the info from the phone (temp) and store it on the PC version for long term records.

But i am guessing here in saying that maybe using both HAC & HNS i can still get something like that to work.

Don't forget im a real noob outside of basic (markup, php and 3D) internet programming. I'll go over to the other forums for HNS as i still need to get the final details to work (now that i have time for the PC and learning again).

anything