Author Topic: new feature ;)  (Read 8102 times)

kaboekieman

new feature ;)
« on: October 21, 2012, 11:13:38 AM »
Hi Malkom, I don't know if it's still possible for the update 1.16? But it would be nice if the scroll over text field would have a fade in text from the buttom and fade out at the top of this text field. And do you know if text place in the (invisible) text field would automatically go to the next line if the sentence in the text has reached the end of the line? I prefer text in each line to align='justify'... if it's possible ;)

for example the text data in the database:

"- en wiebel niet zo! Je weet hoe erg ik mij stoor aan dat gewiebel..................."

tekst (see picture) should automatically go the the next line after the word "erg"... alignment of the text should then justify (not in the sample).

Thanks in advance (again, and again :)) ), Jeroen
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:16:13 PM by kaboekieman »

Malkom

• Administrator
Re: new feature ;)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:07:18 AM »
Hi Malkom, I don't know if it's still possible for the update 1.16? But it would be nice if the scroll over text field would have a fade in text from the buttom and fade out at the top of this text field. And do you know if text place in the (invisible) text field would automatically go to the next line if the sentence in the text has reached the end of the line? I prefer text in each line to align='justify'... if it's possible ;)

for example the text data in the database:

"- en wiebel niet zo! Je weet hoe erg ik mij stoor aan dat gewiebel..................."

tekst (see picture) should automatically go the the next line after the word "erg"... alignment of the text should then justify (not in the sample).

Thanks in advance (again, and again :)) ), Jeroen
Hi Jeroen

Thank you for the idea - v1.16 is going to be delayed a few days as the text fields need improving - they can be buggy when trying to select an inset point as the cursor can appear in wrong position.
- in the tidying up I'll try to see if adding an option flag(command) to dim first and last lines will be reliable enough.

The justify should be working on every line - although I'll test it out again while working on field.

Will be good when this one is out as you should make more progress with your Game Book :)
Malkom
P.S
About the dimming - i assume the top and bottom lines should only dim if there is further text above or below them respectively?

I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

kaboekieman

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »
hi Malkom, thanks for you reply ;) to answer your question. Yes... If text is longer then the 'invisible' textfield the lines should dim (above, when scrolled and below, when scrolled). If all the text can be placed in 'invisible' textfield then it shouldn't. Thanks again for your help in this. I think this, with the SQ lite database feature will get me a whole end in finaly developing the app ... p.s. I mentioned your name also in the app, if it's o.k. with you? :)

Malkom

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 11:12:15 AM »
hi Malkom, thanks for you reply ;) to answer your question. Yes... If text is longer then the 'invisible' textfield the lines should dim (above, when scrolled and below, when scrolled). If all the text can be placed in 'invisible' textfield then it shouldn't. Thanks again for your help in this. I think this, with the SQ lite database feature will get me a whole end in finaly developing the app ... p.s. I mentioned your name also in the app, if it's o.k. with you? :)

Hi Jeroen

Finally released v1.16 and it has the transparent field option in it. However, fields don't yet have the fading text option for the top bottom lines although I think for now it could be done with your idea of hidden fields top/bottom.

This coming release (1.17) will focus a lot on fields and try to give them user-defined fonts so your Game Book will look even better.
Fields really need tidying up as I made a project using your image, set field to transparent, and although it looks good, the field is clunky and needs it's dragging response improving - I didn't experiment with HAC's gesture timing settings and just used default. It seems Resistive screens have a much slower gesture response than Capacitive screens, at least on the Android devices we have.
Hopefully v1.17 is going to be a much quicker release than the last few.

Thank you again for all your help and ideas.
I hope the SQL is going okay :)

Malkom

kaboekieman

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »
Cool thx for the update in v1.16 anyway Malkom. I will use this version to input all my text so far (I'm on 1/3rd of the book) If v1.17 will come out I will try to enhance it :) SQ lite I haven't used much but I was planning to implement a database structure after inputting the text in 1.16 ;) so the next couple of weeks I think I will be busy tweaking all the bits in the right place and trying to implement a inventory structure. Should be a little time consuming but I think will well worth it in the end :)

Thx for all your help so far Malkom... and font's in v1.17 should also be nice ;) your right, that should even make it even better hihi ;)

cheers, Jeroen

Malkom

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 06:38:17 PM »
Hi Jeroen

I started putting some of your ideas into practice using a canvas but found a bug with canvas text height and length functions.
Anyhow, I'll get these and some other issues fixed for the next update (V1.17).

Malkom

kaboekieman

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
Cool thx for letting me know. I too am delayed with me micro dungeon sample that i want to upload to this forum. It almost finished but when exporting it as apk the app on my phone doesn't work while in the emulator inside hac everything works fine. I well try to figure it out on myself (gotta learn anyway :)) but just wanted to let you and the people on this forum know it will be a couple of days more ;)... Also the transparent field i have problems getting it to work... I will upload if it's finished with or without transparency... Grts and have a fine day, Jeroen

kaboekieman

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »
noticed something else :S
When using the command: StatusBarHide the top bar disappears :) but the bottom bar (at least on my htc one x) still is there --> no true full screen.... is this something i can fix by myself?
grts, jeroen

Malkom

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 07:55:14 AM »
noticed something else :S
When using the command: StatusBarHide the top bar disappears :) but the bottom bar (at least on my htc one x) still is there --> no true full screen.... is this something i can fix by myself?
grts, jeroen

Thank you for this as I wasn't aware of the problem and thought full screen worked fine on all Android devices except for the Kindle Fire that has a non standard bottom status bar.

I see your HTC 1 x has a Android OS 4 - perhaps Google made some changes so I'll have a look today at 4.x.