Author Topic: Remove status bar option, implement own font file and local mysql support  (Read 2882 times)

kaboekieman

Hi Malkom,
I have mentioned it in another section of this forum, but It will be a huge plus if there will be an option to hide the status bar, thus making your application full screen.

And (I don't know if it's allready possible) I would like to use my own fonts in the app... Don't know if this can be implemented in HAC?

I know you are working on mysql support, I don't know if this is for an active Internet connection? But a plus would be to make it also available oflline (like XAMPP). This would absolete a flatfile structure (at least for me ;)) and making handling of data far more powerfull via myql queries (without the need to be online).

Thanks and keep up the good work... Jeroen

Malkom

• Administrator
Hi Malkom,
I have mentioned it in another section of this forum, but It will be a huge plus if there will be an option to hide the status bar, thus making your application full screen.

And (I don't know if it's allready possible) I would like to use my own fonts in the app... Don't know if this can be implemented in HAC?

I know you are working on mysql support, I don't know if this is for an active Internet connection? But a plus would be to make it also available oflline (like XAMPP). This would absolete a flatfile structure (at least for me ;)) and making handling of data far more powerfull via myql queries (without the need to be online).

Thanks and keep up the good work... Jeroen

Hi Jeroen

Thank you for the ideas and feedback.

We haven't implemented  the menubar hide yet as still working on the SQLite database code but the screen code looks fairly straight forward and we'll do it after database is working fully.

About the fonts. Yes, they are needed and are on to-do list. Main problem is getting them to work in our Edit Field as that control is more complex than the others.

About XAMPP server - I'm not sure I fully understand your question - HAC's UrlExistsFN function  should already be able to interrogate your XAMPP server  - the Stock Quote example shows how to fetch data from Yahoo's finance server. Unfortunately the current function places the results in a file  which must then be read so its not very fast but we'll get this improved soon so results go directly into a variable.

Malkom
P.S
Its public holidays here so not much happening on HAC  8)

I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

kaboekieman

hihi thx malkom and I saw it on television yesterday (in the Netherlands) ... there was a big 'parade' with boats on the themes celebrating your queen diamond jubilee... It looked nice... Well have a great vacation and speak soon. p.s. the XAMPP was only an example... It would be nice if the database would also run offline in the finished application

but no worries :) 

Malkom

• Administrator
I understand now - yes the database will work while the Android device is offline - because it uses the Android SQLite databases and they are stored on the device itself :)
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.