Author Topic: emulator error  (Read 3130 times)

modiapps

emulator error
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM »
I get the following error when trying to use the emulator (I have tried multiple devices):
C:\Users\Pat\android-sdks\platform-tools>adb -s emulator-5554 install -r "C:\Users\Pat\AppData\Roaming\HAC_Data\data\Hello Darkness.apk"

... Install reply=    pkg: /data/local/tmp/Hello Darkness.apk
... Install reply= Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]
... Install reply= 60 KB/s (511692 bytes in 8.254s)

C:\Users\Pat\android-sdks\platform-tools>adb -s emulator-5554 shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN  -n org.HelloDarkness/com.tigabyte.hnr.HyperCardActivity

... Install reply= Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=org.HelloDarkness/com.tigabyte.hnr.HyperCardActivity } Error type 3
... Install reply=  Error: Activity class {org.HelloDarkness/com.tigabyte.hnr.HyperCardActivity} does not exist.
... Install completed= 
J Pat M
ModiApps

Malkom

• Administrator
Re: emulator error
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 05:29:21 AM »
This error occurs when the app is not signed correctly and so emulators/devices will not allow the app to install.

Android needs Java JDK version 6.x and not v7.x otherwise signing fails.

Are you using Java JDK 6?

If you are using the correct Java then posting the results from your log file should help us track the problem down.

I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

modiapps

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 06:42:27 PM »
Yes, I have 7.  Do I need to do anything to HAC to point to 6 after installing it?
J Pat M
ModiApps

Malkom

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »
Yes, I have 7.  Do I need to do anything to HAC to point to 6 after installing it?

I think you will have to open the Android Paths window - this option is on HAC's Android menu

then set the java path manually by using the Java button to navigate to the bin folder.

On my setup the path looks like below but yours will probably be slightly different:-

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_31\bin\

I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.