Author Topic: HAC and Nook Tablet  (Read 2972 times)

kaboekieman

HAC and Nook Tablet
« on: May 26, 2012, 12:41:56 PM »
Hi there Malkom and the rest of this community,
I have finally gotten my hands on a nice tablet for developing my gamebook gaming app ;) But I have a question which I don't know if it's possible? I can use the emulator, I also can make an APK file for futher testing on my tablet, but is it possible the connect the nook tablet (via the special USB <=> Micro USB cable that came with the device) to test the tablet on the fly? I have worked with this method before using the eclipse/java method but i don't know if it's possible within HAC?

If it is not, I just have to be more patient and use the emulator and/or upload the apk, but if it is possible it will save my lots of time for testing the app on a real device. p.s. the nook tablet (rooted) is a great machine.

Well keep up the good work, and all the best,
Jeroen Wolf (from Amsterdam, the Netherlands)

Malkom

• Administrator
Re: HAC and Nook Tablet
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 08:24:42 PM »
Hi Jeroen and welcome back.

I wasn't fully aware of the Nook - but see that others are developing on it and there is a Nook SDK out.
I'm not up to date with it yet but will check it out.

Perhaps you have already seen this - and the details about accessing their SDK - some provisioning access file is required:-

https://nookdeveloper.barnesandnoble.com/tools-services/sdk.html

I'm not sure if it has to be rooted to us Google's Android SDK but I see a posts on the website link below discussing it:-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1424563

Of course its safer not to root things and although the Kindle Fire does have an Amazon SDK for it, the Google Android SDK and HAC do work without it needing rooting - so there is hope for HAC working on Nook.

Any info you have would be great but I'll check this out further.

All the best
Malkom
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

anything