Author Topic: Can HAC handle telephone dialing  (Read 2825 times)

threexl

Can HAC handle telephone dialing
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:55:31 PM »
I'm interested in HAC. I want to make an App that will automate activation of features in a home guardian system. I can connect to that system via any telephone and send telephone keypad prompts to activate/deactivate features.

Can I develop such an App with HAC that will send keypad "keystrokes" from my Android phone? If so, can I also hear the keystrokes as the HAC App sends them and hear the audible replies from my home guardian system? One more question... if I can design an App to do that, can it also listen and read audible beeps from the home guardian system? I know that last question is a tall order. Thank you.

Malkom

• Administrator
Re: Can HAC handle telephone dialing
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 07:48:18 AM »
I'm interested in HAC. I want to make an App that will automate activation of features in a home guardian system. I can connect to that system via any telephone and send telephone keypad prompts to activate/deactivate features.

Can I develop such an App with HAC that will send keypad "keystrokes" from my Android phone? If so, can I also hear the keystrokes as the HAC App sends them and hear the audible replies from my home guardian system? One more question... if I can design an App to do that, can it also listen and read audible beeps from the home guardian system? I know that last question is a tall order. Thank you.

Hi threexl

HAC cannot do this yet as it doesn't have the dial feature or phone control. Yes, the final part does look a tall order but the main problem seems to be actually detecting the incoming sound from the caller phone. Tone detection on Android is possible as others using Java have managed to process microphone sounds using low pass filtering for blow detection. Of course, it is beyond HAC at the current time.

Anyhow, thank your for a great idea - its now on our to-do list.

Malkom
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.